We often associate chiropractors with treatment for headaches. This association has become commonplace because chiropractors are, in fact, usually the best option for treating headaches and preventing them from becoming a recurring problem.
How do chiropractors treat headaches and help prevent them from becoming an everyday event?
- Manipulation – Spinal adjustment and chiropractic manipulation are the primary tools for relieving your headache as it is occurring. Tension headaches are caused by stress related muscle contraction. By manipulating the muscles that are causing your headache, the source of pain is relieved and your headache will soon be over. Adjustments help with headaches caused by incorrect posture, which is discussed below.
- Posture and Exercise – To help prevent your headache from becoming a recurring problem, your chiropractor can give you advice for good posture and help you set up an exercise program. Proper posture is key to preventing headaches, and exercise will strengthen the areas of your body where stress forms, primarily in the neck and back.
- Nutrition – Many foods and beverages are known to be migraine headache “triggers”. Alcohol and caffeine are well known triggers, but many other substances can also trigger migraines. Your chiropractor can help you discover what effects your dining choices have on your headaches. Some foods help prevent headaches from starting, and your chiropractor can help you decide which of these foods will best fit your lifestyle.
If headaches are affecting your life, call Dr. Casey Titus of Clearview Chiropractic. Dr. Titus is your chiropractor for the Outer Banks and can treat your headaches and help prevent them from reoccurring. Call Dr. Casey Titus for help with your headaches or for any of your chiropractic needs.
- A Chiropractor May Be Just The Thing For Your Headache
- Headaches & OBX Chiropractic Treatment
- Treatment and Prevention of Migraines on the Outer Banks
- Understanding Headaches on the OBX
- Lower Back Problems? Treatment on the Outer Banks