Chiropractic care offers some great benefits during pregnancy, such as:
- As your pregnancy progresses, your spine comes under more strain. Chiropractors specialize in spinal care and can help relieve your back pain in a safe manner.
- Your chiropractor can advise you on ways to maintain proper posture. Proper spinal posture provides more room for your baby and helps keep you from experiencing unnecessary discomfort.
- Various ailments associated with pregnancy, such as headaches and sore legs and hips, can be treated safely by your chiropractor. In addition, chiropractic treatment often helps prevent or diminish recurrence of these problems.
- Chiropractic care can help you be more comfortable and healthy without the use of medications.
- Regular chiropractic care helps you to be more active during your pregnancy by relieving the stress and strain on joints and muscles.
- Many women who employ regular chiropractic care during pregnancy experience child labor that is shorter and less painful.
Now, let’s start your chiropractic care before your first appointment by giving you some tips for a healthy pregnancy:
- Exercise is important during pregnancy, with pelvic exercise at the top of the list. Ask your chiropractor which exercises are right for you.
- Sit with your knees lower than your hips.
- Wear flat shoes with good support.
- Do not slouch when you sit, and do not use recliners.
- When sitting, use a cushion to support your lower back.
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting.
- When sleeping, place a pillow under your abdomen and one between your legs.
- Try to avoid bucket seats when travelling.
- Rest frequently, especially towards the end of your pregnancy.
These are just some of the easiest ways to stay comfortable and healthy over the course of your pregnancy. Be sure to ask your chiropractor for other tips to help you and your child.
Dr. Craig McGiffin at Clearview Wellness can help you during your pregnancy. The safety and comfort of you and your baby is the number one concern of Dr. Craig, your chiropractor on the Outer Banks.